|
alapeacefulmelody
|
|
Saturday, June 28, 2008 Baked meringue! Baked meringue today! Initially I thought it failed, cos I totally had no idea of how soft and stiff peaks look like. Like I've said, I spent an hour to pour oil during the last practical so didnt have a chance to go around the lab looking at what others were doing. Meringue recipe seems very easy but it's actually very difficult if you do not have any general knowledge about egg white foaming. Thanks to Jesscy for the guidelines! What a task today, haha. And the amount of sugar really irked me yet unable to cut down on its content 'cos sugar creates the smooth and stable foam. Everybody better not get addicted to meringue please! Haha. I continued to read up on my past entries. Not that I read it over and over again but thousand of posts, I can't possibly finish it at a go and I'm still not finished with it yet. They really took me back to the past. So many incidents that I've forgotten and I could still laugh when I read back, it was like the telling of a new joke. Some were quite vague but some really jerked up my mind. Such as.., Ahru, do you still remember a hair check during morning assembly when Ms Leong said she could still see brown colour on my hair and you said 'cos she had brown eyes that made her fuming with mad and punished the both of us. Can't really remember what was the punishment though. One thing I'm sure you would remember of. We were late for D&T lesson and Mr Sen punished us by asking us to stay back after school to sweep the floor. We were at 7 eleven munching on snacks waiting for him to make his way back to school after lunch (cos we know he always went to the hawker centre for lunch) so we ran back from the other way before him and pretended to sweep the floor. Hah. And how we always used to be late for Home Econs lessons then tried to sneak in behind Ms Leong's back when she wasn't watching. There was one time when we were caught and had to stand outside the kitchen throughout. And because it was Ms Leong, that's why it was so funny. Those days were so adventurous and fun during sec2 and you were my partner then. So many funny stuffs happened throughout the 4 years. Faith 1-4, 2-4, 3-4 and 4-4. Come to think of it, Faith 2-4 was the most chaotic and funny among all cos we had a very corrupted monitor - Gabriel who was always involved in the paperballs fight, arms wrestling and everything that was not contructive. And perhaps because we were still taking D&T and Home Econs at sec2 so we had so much more fun than always being in the class having theory. Ahh I miss those days! Oops long post. Shan't be too wordy. Gonna watch the horror movie with mum on TV now. 11:21 PM |