|
alapeacefulmelody
|
|
Saturday, July 12, 2008 A girl with many "talents" Please do not laugh at me. I took up so many lessons but all came to a naught. Let me tell you what.., I used to learn Violin. Not even a single grade obtained because I skipped it everytime due to Netball training. Vividly remember I gave a month of fees and I totally didn't turn up for that particular month. I was in Netball during primary school but being a team during primary school is not a big deal, agree? Yesyes. Peanut. Enjoyed Netball alot but the team dispersed, I think prolly 'cos of the teacher-in-charge. Then I learned Chinese Orchestra - Guzhen. Uh, that was even worse. Practically skipped it for pure laziness and zero interest. Didn't even know why did I take it up in the first place. On the other hand, mum loved that alot and she was looking forward to one day when I would play a tune for her.., but her daughter had not done her proud by quitting it. She even jokingly said she wants to learn how to play it should there be a chance 'cos the tune of Guzhen is really melodious. True, but it was not easy to play. Way more difficult than Violin. So when I told mum that I wanted to learn Piano, she didn't agree to it. Having been cheated twice, she was wise enough not to waste money on a Piano that would eventually rust and isolate in the house. Tsk, Piano is a different thing la! At least I think it would be better than Guzhen. It's okay. But, when I told mum I wanted to learn Guitar, she didn't object to it so I bought one and guess what, it's literally rusting at home now. I wasn't joking about it. I've been wanting to learn guitar since I was Sec One but was worried that my pinky was unable to make it. Seriously, what is the use of a pinky? Moreover a really short one? So there are jokes that a pinky is only used for digging ears (haha) while some said it's for promising. (I bet if I were called up during TP Movie Night for the shortest pinky, I would have won it.) Proved that I'm not cut out to play music and I realised learning it isn't fun at all. So, I took another route. (Anyway those 3 instruments are still lying in my house.) This time I took up Taekwondo lessons. HAHA, I guess this is the most happening thing but yet lasted the longest. Some time it was fun while some time I had to suffer from being kicked or even fell down during sparring. I learned till green belt with blue tip when I was Sec Two and that was the 6th belt which meaned I took 5 tests for it. Just another 5 more belts to black. Didn't continue on due to the multiple injuries accumulated throughout the years and partially due to free sparring. Thinking back now, I kind of regretted. Should have endured to get my black belt 'cos if I were to learn now, I would have to start all over again. Wasted. In conclusion, doing something more physically appeals to me more than sitting in an air-con room trying to play an instrument. Till date, I still have quite alot which I want to learn but fret not, I've grown mature to really know what I want unlike the past that was just out of curiosity. So the other time during PIPC lecture, Jesscy and I were discussing what should we let our future kids to take up in the future. She wants her children to be musically-inclined. No doubt I want mine to be too but I would understand if they refuse to do so. (Same like me) I also want my girl to learn ballet and I want my boy to play sports. Jesscy was so funny la, the way she would persuade her children if they don't want. 想当年... Telling grandmother's story? Haha. Talking about future is so fun, although it's abit early to do so. Alright shall end here, going to bath and meet caca for dinner! 4:25 PM |