Meadow Sweet
alapeacefulmelody
Saturday, November 8, 2008





A Day at Singapore Discovery Centre with Autistic Kids


SDC trip was super fun today! The 2 classes were so lucky to get this CIP. The autistic kids are simply kids that we are unable to comprehend. They would scream and run but still very lovable. Some guided tours and 3D movie - Fly me to the moon. All in all, today was a very enriching day. I believe both the students and officials had fun.

After the event ended, Sok Theng, Dennis, Eric, Benedict and I went for the paddle boat ride. The 3 guys sat one boat while both of us sat another. Combination of 3 guys' strength yet unable to beat 2 girls. Haha.
Had lunch at Jurong Point. Benedict went off then 4 of us decided to go SP to explore. No, 3 of us decided and pulled Dennis along. The campus is huge but I guess we have the same conclusion, that is, TP is still the best!

However, I can't post the photos taken with the kids yet 'cos they need to be approved by Eden school's principal. I shall wait so for now, I can only post those taken among ourselves first.

This was how the programme flowed for today.

Journey from school to SDC. It took more than half an hour and majority of the students were sleeping except for a group on the left who were playing cards.

Reached SDC! Walking walking.

Gathering!

Some admin stuffs while waiting for the kids to arrive.

Had interactions with them etc. Skip skip skip. Unable to post photos yet.

After 3D movie - Fly me to the moon!
Sok Theng and me!

Sok Theng, Dennis and me!

Dennis was so serious while doing his lion puppet?
ASc Roar!


Me and Sok Theng!

Officials of the day with our new club tees on!

Paddle boat ride!
Before setting off.

They looked so happy. Haha!

Paddling paddling paddling! So tiring, no doubt our legs felt like jellies after that.

Look! They were so far behind us!

On the bus to Jurong Point. I have many unglam photos of Dennis. Haha.
I shall post up the photos of the kids once they are approved.
Had a bad comment today. A G1 student thought I was year 3! Arghh!!! And Dennis has always thought I was year 2! Remember, I'm year 1. Year 1!
Haha.
There are 2 more CIPs to go. Next week one gonna be a slight tougher. No air-con but under the damn hot sun. Thankfully I am in-charge of the refreshment so bascially I don't have to run about botanic garden.
Shall rest tonight. Going to watch DVD - The House Bunny later! Yayness. However, shall start studying tomorrow. I'm gonna lag behind soon and worse still, I won't be able to study much for the next 2 weeks due to SBG and Health Mapping. School days are just so tiring for me to study at night.
Out of the 4 CIPS, we have to attend all for the club except Health Mapping as it requires no officials but unlucky enough, 4 of the 5 community service members got Health Mapping as class CIP. Which means, we have to attend all 4.
Not complaining of workload but.., WHY SUNDAYS?!?!

7:26 PM