Meadow Sweet
alapeacefulmelody
Saturday, November 15, 2008





Singapore Botanic Garden with kids from low-income families.


I would say this event is pretty screwed. Right from the start.
So many things happened.
No walkie talkies. Brought wrong batteries for loud hailer. Replacement of FA.
The whole programme flow was deviated.
The number of kids suddenly cut down by half.
The kids arrived late so we missed the time for ice-breakers. Plus all the unforeseen issues, we only had half an hour for both questionnaires and orchid garden guided tour each.
The kids didn't enjoy what they were doing. The weather was punishing.
On top of these, some of our students were very uncooperative.
Gangsters are so uncool, please.
BUT, let all of us learn from mistakes. We shall do a better job next time.

I guess the only time when they enjoyed themselves was during the mass-participant games. We actually didn't have to spend so much time cracking our brains for the games because they were entertained by playing among themselves. There was this group playing blow-wind-blow which got most of the officials laughing non-stop.
There was also a pair of brothers of age 5 and 7. They are seriously adorable. The younger brother is pretty shy and loves to read map. And he calls me jiejie. Hahaha!!
Students should feel bliss to be grouped with them.

After the event ended, like finally.. we went Lido Shaw House for lunch. So many nice upcoming movies! (And the Mcspicy at that outlet was exceptionally spicy.) There was around 13 of us. Most of them went home after that, left Sok Theng, Dennis, Eric and me. 4 of us again. Went exploring at Expo. Wanted to go Crocs fair but the crowd was so overwhelming that we would have to queue for a mininum of one hour before going in so we just walked around MPH and food fair.

Tomorrow is Health Mapping. Door-to-door health screening. BORING BORING BORING!!!
I would say SDC is still the best. It was fun, meaningful and able to learn something.

Tell you what, I'm experiencing problems with photobucket now. So I'll upload the photos tomorrow. I need to take a nap now.

7:55 PM