|
alapeacefulmelody
|
|
Tuesday, January 20, 2009 Stubborn, them? Upon reaching home everyday, the first thing I do is to check my mail. And HDB finally gave me a reply. Dear Quelle Policy regarding the baning of cats in HDB flats HDB is aware that there are cat lovers like you who feel strongly that cats should be allowed in HDB flats. While we recognize the efforts of responsible cat owners like yourself, we need to be mindful that there are many irresponsible cat owners who are unlikely to comply with the proposed conditions and legislation. There are many HDB residents, who do not like cats and are strongly against allowing cats in HDB flats. Cat-related nuisance such as shedding of fur, defecation in public areas and noise disturbance can affect the estate’s living environment and disrupt good neighbourliness. As HDB's priority is to preserve a pleasant living environment and good neighbourly relations in our high-rise, high-density public housing estates, HDB has decided to maintain the current policy of not allowing cats to be kept in HDB flats. We thank you for your comments and appreciate your interest in the subject. Yours sincerely Standard reply. I don't understand why must they insist that cats are such a nuisance to the public. Are they going to condemn all the cats in Singapore? Can't they allow them to have a loving home of their own.. Why can they only be dumped and not given a chance at all.. Or should I blame irresponsible owners? Actually no, my neighbour's cats are the friendliest cats I've ever known. Even though they are given the freedom to roam freely, they don't cause any troubles too. Neither have they done any of the behaviours that HDB uses as excuses to ban cats. All they want is to take a peaceful nap. Or maybe I should blame the cats-hater who love complaining to the authority so much, even if the cat was just walking past quietly, they find it an eye sore. Oh please, I find them more well-behaved than you bastards. I've given them a reply, still proposing that they should review on this matter. I think each of us should bombard them an email everyday till this matter is brought up to the head. Ha. Hate seeing the 3 reasons of baning cat they always put in every replied mail. In terms of stubborness, I'm not the only one. Would it help if that person him/herself is a cats lover? 2:54 PM |